Saturday, April 7, 2018

OUTDOORS 34


By 5.20pm, the poly tunnel was covered successfully. Around the outside, Liz had insisted we clear the ground further than I had thought necessary - leaving me some dirt/roots to turn into a pleasant hedge along the fence and a small growing area beside the poly tunnel.



We had 3 jobs left to do - some other day. One is to place 2-3 wooden batons across the poly at the rear to secure it; two is to refasten the latch; three to reverse the poly on one door post at the front.



A couple of days later, and we took a trip in the snow to the garden center for me to stock up on compost. Liz insisted it would be better for me to tip out what was in the tubs and pots already and start over.


I went back to the plot to see if there was enough snow to build 2-3 1-foot snowmen - but alas, the wind had taken most of the snow away. Hopefully it also killed off some of my weeds in my weed pile, though!

The poly tunnel now has the batons on the rear - well - 3 of them, although Liz thinks we should add a fourth. I was going to spend a half hour fixing the door latch in place - but the dry weather caught my mind and lead it elsewhere.


The side of the poly tunnel was now cleared and Liz had suggested I move the bush from sticking out near the door to the edge - which I agreed would be beneficial, and plans to make a sort of border along the fence began.

The above photo shows my start - I moved not only that bush, but a couple of clumps of bluebells, 3 pieces of fuchsia, a cut off shrub like thing, a bulb that may be garlic and may be a flower, a seedum, and 2 of the purple spotted leaf plants - then replaced the old palm tree trunk....

I have gotten as far as the broken plant pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment