Saturday, March 24, 2018

INDOORS 47


Here we see the iris flowers that fell off the bulbs when I brought some home from Liz's gardens recently - I plonked them into my kitchen soil tub of odds and ends 'in case' they decide to grow.


Well, here we are back on the subject of redecorating the coffee lounge - and here is the paint stash. Liz giving me a tub of paint to cover the walls that are not going to be done in the artsy mosaic mixed color design sort of persuaded me to 'get started'.


I removed the spiders and swept the floor. I tidied the stuff and got a good look at the available paint. The plan is to use up all the odds and ends in the tins that are left over from painting the rest of the house in a decorative mosaic mural on one wall, paint the ceiling with left over ceiling paint from the kitchen, and the rest of the walls with the tin Liz gave me.


First, I had one more corner to sweep up. I decided to dump the two smaller pieces of linoleum, just keeping the larger piece as the base for the coffee lounge - which will enable me to mop the 'pathway' from kitchen to back door with ease. This pathway gets very dirty with muddy gum boots and dripping washing.


All done - no spiders, tidy room, swept floor - it was time to do the grotty chore that would take a few hours if done properly - washing the ceiling, walls, and floor. I figured it being about 8.30am, and my being free til 5pm, and the weather being iffy - although sunny - I might as well begin at least. Perhaps if I cleaned the room before lunch, I could hop down the allotment, or walk round to the mailbox, or potter in the poly tunnel after lunch...


I began - wiping over a part of the ceiling and upper wall with a cloth soaked in water with a little washing up liquid added. I was not really that enthusiastic - but determined to get this boring part over and done with, so the more fun bits of actual painting could occur. I kept seeing the sun shining brightly through the window at me, though...

Here is as far as I got - as the phone rang. The option of walking a local beach with my best friend - along with the inevitable coffee we usually partook of on our trips - had saved my day from dirty cloths and the coffee lounge was once again 'postponed'.

No comments:

Post a Comment