Sunday, March 11, 2018

OUTDOORS 33



Looking across the onions I am growing to seed/sets, you can see my internal weed pile - a necessity as the weed bin got overly full and there were more weeds coming. The far reverse corner is pictured below - showing my compost bins, garlic, shallots, and fruit area close to and the rest of the plot beyond.



In the other corner, beyond the neatly trimmed and reshaped edges, is my rhubarb - already spurting out ready to grow for me in 2018. It is surrounded my more garlic - not grass/weeds!


Late February, and finally it was time to start work on the poly tunnel project back at home. Above is a quick reminder of how it WAS. Below shows how it became shortly before my best friend Liz arrived one Sunday late in the month.


I had light-dug around the exterior and rip-cut the poly off. This exposed my tubs of soil, pot of parsley, and tools.



Liz arrived and we began our work around 9am - here is a view just before coffee break, as Liz trotted home to fetch a smaller spade and stronger stepladder. Our task was digging a trench round the outside, while mine was to cut out/back the brambles further along the fence than I had done and hers to trim the apple tree/trees above the poly tunnel a bit further with her saw than I had with loppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment