Thursday, March 1, 2018

INDOORS 46


I was uncertain where to begin on the multiple cleaning and clearing tasks involved, so started at the entry to the room, by removing the draught excluder. This had been tacked into place by my parents in order to keep their door gaps to a minimum and house warm when heated.


Having removed the door, only using the heater on minimum setting for the sake of my chilies anyways, and not liking filth-grabbers, I persevered with the removal - using a screwdriver to prise it away from the wooden bar it was attached to.


Having removed both sides and the top, it was time to give it a soap-down to clean it up. I still have a problem with the two door hinges to the right being difficult if not impossible to remove. The screws have been painted over and so has the other side of the bar to the free one - hence paint removal and scraping, scratching and prising will have to commence on my next session.



As you can see, I did get some work done - although it is a long way from being a room in which I can slip to flop out on a couch with a cup of hot steamy freshly made black coffee and curl up with a book - or entertain coffee sipping friends - or even nibble a snack meal such as vegan pizza or a slice of pecan-ginger loaf.


I did manage to remove the door latch socket though - and polyfilled the gap. I have since pushed it into place, smoothed it out, and will apply a second coat and sand it down shortly. I sigh as I look into the room - this does not look like a cosy couch with coffee table yet, does it?


Alas, incentive and inspiration failed me for a week or two - before I commenced by washing down half of the back door and then...taking another break to do other stuff - such as going to the cinema with my best friend, trotting off to the allotment with compost scraps, shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment