Friday, March 2, 2018

OUTDOORS 32


This shot taken late November shows my new rhubarb, which successfully grew into a plant this past season and is currently fading away for winter. Hopefully, with a surrounding of horse muck, it will provide amply rhubarb for the next 3-5 years. Also in view are some raspberries, blackcurrants, gooseberries...and the shallots and garlic that have surfaced.

Looking back towards the shed, you can see that I have weeded my raspberries and blueberries, and have several onions shooting through - as well as a few stray 'spare' garlics that I planted around the fruit area.


Here we are - I am all ready to get planting in the poly tunnel and allotment plot for the 2018 season - seed wise that is. As January faded and February arrived with a full moon and mostly sunny day, the poly tunnel had still not yet been recovered and the plot not yet dug over for the new season.


Spring has sort of arrived though - here is the first snowdrop of the year in my garden - 3 more have since followed, while Liz has a carpet of them along with primrose and iris and....


Liz is sharing her spare wheelbarrow with me - so the shed down the plot is now quite full! As you can see below, it is now mostly dug over ready for the 2018 growing season - finally. There remain just a few weeds around the shed and raspberries at the close of February.



Above you can see the front patch - which is where I hope to begin planting in March/April. Also, one of my three raised beds. I plan to use 2.5 for strawberries and 0.5 for nasturtiums. the other two are pictured below

No comments:

Post a Comment