Sunday, April 8, 2018

INDOORS 48


Liz suggested that I use the vacuum rather than a wet cloth after observations on my slow progress with cleaning down the walls. Here I am ready to vacuum the ceiling and walls and wipe down the mucky bits in the coffee lounge.


Before I could turn to painting however, I had a polyfilling job to be done. A lot of the brick wall that had been painted over was in tact - but in many places a little pre-paint attendance was needed. Cracks in the joints and surface cracks and holes where mortar had dropped were my three main tasks with the polyfilla tube.


I left the cleaning alcove and chunks of brick that were gone from its surrounds and a half tube polyfilla for another time. As March drew to a close, and the rains had wet the ground earlier in the day, I tossed on the CD of the musical Liz and I had gone to see recently and began...

...to fill in my 'blank canvas' of pink and white decor while sipping a peppermint tea. The wall above was to be filled with odds and ends of paint left over from the rest of the house decorating, of which I have now done everything except the bathroom and this coffee lounge.

I started by seeing how much of each color I had left - by shaking the tins and weighing them in my hands. I then began to apply the undercoat of beige, green stuff, and yellow which adorn my hallways and stairs, my sons bedroom, and the toilet.


I then proceeded to apply the mauvey-purple that covers the upper rim and ceiling of my spare room, before calling it a day and waiting for paint to dry. The idea being to recover each color and then fill in the rest of the wall with the paler pinky-mauve I used in the lower part of the spare room, paint the ceiling with left over kitchen ceiling paint, the rest of the walls with the full tin of paint Liz gave me that is the same color as her hallway, and gloss the door in a mosaic design with left over gloss paints. If there is any wall paint left, It will go in the cleaning alcove in stripes after that area is cleaned and polyfilled last of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment