Saturday, December 17, 2016

OUTDOORS 10


Here they are - is the answer to the question from my last outdoor post. I decided that instead of tying them to things, I would dig them out and transplant them along the fence.

The fence will become a hedge - one day. I have small cuttings of box-privet and yew, a forsythia, and now 4 rose bushes planted - and have cut the mint back for winter and added 2 fuchsias from the front yard and my favored plant from Liz and a few bits and pieces...

Once grown a bit more, it should look nice. In the meantime, I added some scraps and stuff to 'hedgehog hotel row'.


Here are the latest artichoke tubers amassed by the zillion it would seem. I certainly think that 4 plants will be more than sufficient for growing next year. I still have around half in the ground, awaiting dry soil and free time to align to allow for me to remove them.

The tomatoes are beginning to be useless in the poly tunnel and there are maybe 4-5 left to pluck and pop onto the kitchen windowsill to hopefully ripen before I rip the plants out. I have numerous cauliflower seedlings, some of which I will pot up. I still have a little parsley and some chives going, too. But mostly, the tunnel growing season is done with - other than the caulis and possibly parsley.

Down the plot, I have done very little - it has been damp or wet and therefore not suitable to hoeing/digging. I have popped coffee grounds and scraps in the compost and harvested a few leeks. The last of the rocket might be coming home with me on my next trip and another bagfull of artichokes...

No comments:

Post a Comment