Saturday, December 10, 2016

INDOORS 14


I began to mop the walls down. I will need to go over properly with the cloth by hand and include the ceiling, but this 'first swipe' will do the job before I rip the linoleum out. I also had to clean the built in robe before climbing inside it to clean it properly later - so used the mop for this task also.


The bedroom now looks sorry for itself, also empty, ugly and a few more unpleasant words. The thought of it looking beautiful again and me living in it once more appealed enough for me to begin ripping out some of the linoleum after lunch, though. I could not get much further than a third of the room due to it being rather noisy - I figured I ought to stop being noisy at noon, as my son sleeps afternoons and works nights.

It was not a simple case of rolling it up either - I rolled/ripped one area, and had to tread it down to keep it from springing back open - and found more linoleum underneath! However, I am happy to report that the floor boards look in good condition and that I have a vivid imagination - able to imagine the luxurious carpet and beautiful furnishings I hope to install - 'shortly'.

The next day I got back to work and managed to rip out all the linoleum - GOING...

going...

GONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment