Friday, December 16, 2016

INDOORS 15


There were actually a couple of minor problems to consider before I did the task of vacuuming up the dust and filth. Above shows one board with a slightly chip next to a board that isn't straight. That I could not do much about. There was also a need for my hammer to assist me - 2 of the securing nails were up and needed banging into place - that, I could fix!


Alas, woodworm I could not - luckily it is only in one area and I figure that sunlight, cold weather and maybe a rub over with vinegar is the best I can do. So, the floor was finished after a vacuum - leaving a pile of broken linoleum outside all ready for when Liz gives me a lift to the tip!


That left me a little time free before my work duties - but not long enough to wash walls, so I decided to prepare the ingredients for my meals instead.... Vegan penne bolognese with port wine for lunch, potato wedges and rhubarb-ginger oat crumble for dinner.

Back to work, and here you see that I have been hard at work washing walls, ceiling, windows, doors and closet - so hard at work that my cloth is somewhat worn out!

This final photo for today shows the now clean ceiling, light and walls. Much blackened grime from dampness has been washed off and has not yet returned, so fingers crossed it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment