Friday, December 2, 2016

INDOORS 13

The next task might have been to tackle the closet or do some wall-washing, but the next job actually performed was to tidy the pantry. My first shot was to check best before dates on everything that was placed with similar items and line things up on the table - then replace them based on the dates they needed to be used by rather than what the item was.


I then proceeded to re-order the pantry again - this time separating 'instant/one meal items' to 'open and store' items. I then waited a day or so and then finally tackled that darn closet.

Disposable gloves on dry hands and braveness in mind I opened the door and began... There were suitcases, shopping bags, shoulder bags, plastic bags, back packs, a bag of sheets/towels/knitting, a bag of coathangers, a box of teenage acquired jewelry, my grandmothers' button tin, dust, filth and JUNK! A sample of the stuff is lain out on the windowsill:


The above shot shows memories. I once began to train as a nurse - the lump of crystal with fake gold on is from my great aunt and acquired from childhood summer holidays spent at her riverside home. But memories are not me as I am now, or me as I will become over the next couple of decades prior to death. I do not need to hold on to what was any more, because what is makes me happier.

There you go - evidence that I finally emptied that collection of stuff AKA a built in closet. Also, evidence that I may very well need to go buy a third tube polyfilla... :(


No comments:

Post a Comment