Tuesday, September 6, 2016

SUMMER SLOSHING 22



Behind this door lies the spare room that I have been working on. Early August made major progress in the carpet being laid. It was a somewhat dramatic event and is not yet ended due to the recliner chair. This second shot is how the room was looking early in the first week of the month, whilst I trotted off to order and pay for the carpet - and then directly after it was laid.



As you can see, it brings more color and less dullness to the room and the carpet and curtain colors match well - if the pink gloss paintwork is a little clashing - however the chair remains a major problem, but was not the only one of carpet laying day.


To lay the carpet, the guys had to remove the door to the room. My mind swirled into visions of buying a new door, eased slightly by the idea that Liz might have a plane and either she or my son might hold the door for me while I screwed it back into place...


However, when holding it against the hinge area to see just how many plane-scrapes I would need to remove, it did not look too bad a fit. I decided to try to put it back anyway - stuff it if it wasn't 'perfect' - I wanted my door!


As you can see, I managed to rescrew the door into place solo without the need to scream down the phone to Liz or call out and disturb my son. With the draught excluder removed (unwanted anyway) it more or less fitted back in place, just a little slowed by the new carpet, but not stuck or stopped.


So...this is the room as I left it that night despite my original plan to take down some smaller pieces of furniture directly. I was put off by the recliner chair and wanted it OUT of the room before I rebuilt the room with its new/my old furnishings. I got quite upset about not being able to sell the thing - ebay, gumtree, facebook, shop ads, and word of mouth all having failed.


No comments:

Post a Comment