Sunday, August 21, 2016

SUMMER SLOSHING 21


Back to the toilet - and here is where we were up to in the decor saga. I repositioned a few items and made it look a little more classy, but....


...there we go! That is what I wanted - new curtains! The old bright pink dress was pretty but made the toilet fairly dark. When I took it down to paint the loo and wash the curtain, it looked much brighter in there and I did not want to lose the brightness. Hence my toying with the idea of buying a net curtain. This 25p result from Dunhelm offcuts suited me fine. It isn't a perfect fit, but looks good enough and lets the light in on my lovely pale yellow room!


That left me the hallway window over the blanket box - with the other half the dress I replaced the dirty curtains with. Hmm... maybe I could lengthen the pink curtains i made and use them instead of the grotty bathroom ones and...



Another off cut from Dunhelm suited the situation fine. A little too long, but pretty, new, and letting the light shine through naturally. Back to the toilet - the smudgy wall is now covered in fresh paint and hopefully will dry without the smudge showing.



The toilet more or less looks how I want it to - except....I am still playing with the notion of getting it tiled as the linoleum stains so easily and I want something I can mop clean!


For now, the curtains will satisfy me though as there is work to be done downstairs! On the same day I purchased the new bet curtains, I ordered a new carpet for the spare room!

No comments:

Post a Comment