Friday, August 5, 2016

SUMMER SLOSHING 18




Excitement on the kitchen windowsill, as multiple flowers and baby chilies arrive on my two chili plants. Alas, since taking these photos last week, one plant - the hot lemon - developed a bad case of aphids and had to be taken outdoors and planted in the yard below the apple tree. Hopefully all will be well, as last time I tried to plant it outdoors it got munched.


This was my attempt to empty the house of things I do not want, need, or like. I once before held a garage sale - but nobody came to look, let alone buy. The idea of the whole village holding sales on the same day was appealing - and although short notice, I was able to ensure I could participate in the 'Angmering Garage Sale Trail' - a Facebook based event where more than 60 homes within the village held sales from 10 thru 4 one Sunday in July.

I had a selection of items available - from adult diapers and tomato/basil plants thru garden chairs frame pictures and photos, and vintage bric-a-brac. I also had cds, books, VHS videos - a lot of stuff. I did have at least a dozen stopping parties and 2 sales - totalling £1.10p...





As you can see, I have quite a lot of items left to 'get rid of' - so DO shout out if anything appeals and you would like me to sell it to you. I called out an antique dealer earlier this week, as two customers suggested I see one about an item I had and it was actually an item he wanted, saving me taking it to the tip. Most of the rest will be headed to charity/tip, though as i want MY home not a pile of sombody elses memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment