Saturday, September 17, 2016

THE PLOT 19



Here is the bagfull of spuds my friend Liz dug up for me while my leg was unable to allow me to function properly. Also how I am storing the spuds this year. I have decided to wrap dry unwashed spuds in kitchen towel and store them in the bread bin....let us see if this suffices!


Here we see the produce from the plot gathered on the first Sunday of September. I have had a few corn cobs at home, but this is the first from the plot, along with a cabbage, nasturtiums, raspberries, tomatoes, beans....


On site the second weekend of September, I took a shot of my corn and runner beans - with a purple brussels sprout plant and the corner of my nasturtiums....


Just a few steps along, here is one of the two strawberry beds, nasturtium bed, continually rising artichokes - with raspberries in the rear.


My leeks are going well - several really strong thick ones and a few still growing along. Behind you can see the dead-pale brown-white stalks of my spuds (and raspberries, yet again). I have dug about 8 kilo spuds out since Liz dug up the bag full shown above, but there are still around 2 dozen plants left to dig up.

No comments:

Post a Comment