Sunday, July 3, 2016

SUMMER SLOSHING 16


Here is the stock for my wine closet - which was running low, being down to one bottle red, one ginger, and one of port wine... til this delivery! Meanwhile, I did complete the fourth coat of paint to the toilet walls and they are looking reasonable - 'but'...


...BUT, I think I might use the last 1/3 can of paint up and give them a 5th coat - just to be sure. THEN I shall commence the gloss work.


This mess of stuff in a fancy cabinet has to go. I may or may not keep the cabinet itself - and if I do it will be used to store wine glasses in - or maybe as my Buddhist shrine. However, all items inside the cabinet will be trashed shortly. I did have a friend who wanted a few and they have been sent to her, but the rest....may end up sold, in charity stores, or smashed to bits at the tip. If anyone reading my blog wants anything - let me know...



I did give the walls a 5th coat, and finally I am satisfied with the result. As you can see it is a pale custardy yellow which goes well with the light-wood seat and external hallway Tibetan Gold colors - and hopefully will also suit my choice of Magnolia pale-cream gloss.


Downstairs, my hallway geraniums are flowering and look pleasing. I polished the front door beside them again today - never bothered with it before, although it is wood - but this year I have started polishing it when I do my rounds. I start off downstairs with the phone table and door, go upstairs to the cabinet pictured above, then leave a cloth and the polish outside my son's room - he has masses of 'old wooden' furniture. The cloth usually reappears after a symphony of bumps and bangs looking black and mucky shortly after he finds it put there.

No comments:

Post a Comment