Friday, July 29, 2016

SUMMER SLOSHING 17



I will start today's blog with a photo taken in early July. I finally got around to feeling awake enough and having enough energy to do some more painting after work Friday evening. I set to work with the magnolia creamy-white gloss and brush and began to undercoat the trim in the toilet. The first shot shows the color best.


The top coat was applied on July 2, a day after the undercoat. Alas, my son is now on vacation for a week - meaning this project must wait. I need to wait til after he leaves for work to paint, so that when he gets home in the morning it is dry, and he won't bump into wet paint!



Next up, my kitchen windowsill now contains a rather huge chili plant - in flower. Actually, it now contains two, but this photo was taken a few days before I bought the second one. It is my hot lemon one - but I now also have a flowering/fruiting chocolate habanero! I have two more hot lemons in the spare room...



This is taken on my bedroom windowsill of one of the flowers my friend Liz gave me for my 50th birthday earlier this year. I popped it into soil to 'see if it would grow'...and it did! The single stem with half-died flowers is now joined by a brand new stem with a shiny white fresh flower at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment