Monday, July 4, 2016

GARDEN GLIMPSES 40


Here is a view looking out of the kitchen window taken late May 2016. The whit flower is from my birthday bunch and now planted on the sill, the rest are wild and grown in the yard center. You can see the center clearer in this next shot - the current idea is to have a neat border see second of the photos below and a wild interior.




This last shot is a shot of the first turnips pulled from the back yard. We now get back to a couple of shots taken in the front yard. The azalea is flowering abundantly for the second year in a trot, along with the clematis, fuchsia, valerian, and...um...weeds...



You may recall I tossed a couple of shooting spuds into buckets back in February or January and left them in the poly tunnel - and they seemed to be growing well til a week or two ago when one fatigued out on me and looked as if it were wilting to death. I pulled it a week after it refused to recover and voila - spuds! not bad for a single spud's crop - one became at least a dozen!



Finally, for today, here is a shot taken from my kitchen window with summer flowers in bloom - closest you can see the salmon geranium I planted outside which has survived and is now in flower - behind that is the deep purply pink - my fav color shade - grey furry-stemmed plant Liz gave me last year, and much further back big purply-mauve poppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment