Friday, May 1, 2015

SPRING CLEANING 33



Regular readers spotting the above picture will see that I have 'begun' to finish the upper hallway decorating. With the promise of my needed pot of paint coming shortly, I began...

I started by wiping down the cobwebs that were not still inhabited, waiting a few days, then dusting and moving the china cabinet out from potential harms way. I shifted a few more items about, gave the cabinet a good polish - mmmm, lemon oil polish smells nice! - and re-re-repositioned items so that we can live during the 1-2 weeks I estimate it will take me to complete the decorating job.

On my next spare day, I began to dust the blanket box, find somewhere to put the items that were housed on top of it, and then got on with the delightful (well...maybe) chore of sorting out what is inside the blanket box.

Can you guess what I found inside? The only clues I will give you are that both my late parents were hoarders...




Diapers! As I opened the lid of the Built-in blanket box I discovered 2.5 packets of insertion pads and a bag filled with those dreadful free net-knickers that the NHS issue. My Dad was given a supply - but did not take to them, so spent his attendance allowance money on pull-up diapers instead.


After removing this unwelcome top layer, I progressed to several bags of stuff. Stuff as in my childhood and teenage clothing that was stored for some unknown reason. As if I would EVER wear toddler PJs, bright yellow flares, or pink/white spotty frocks again! My parents obviously thought I would or kept them for some reason that I will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment