Tuesday, May 12, 2015

SPRING CLEANING 34




I agree - under the diapers and bags of my childhood clothing was this black space. I do not agree that it was as empty as the photo makes out however. More bags lay with 'treasures' inside. At least, treasure to other people such as my parents - but not in my eyes. The space made when removing this JUNK is of more value to me.

Among the remaining contents - after removing my child/teen clothing and the diapers - I found: around a dozen framed photograph and pictures, my school artwork and books, a few bags of stained and filthy curtains, some old rags that were once clothes of some description, a couple of old clocks which I gave to my son who is interested in old clocks, a silver spoon in a case, a bag of old socks, a pendulum, my old leotard and school cap, a wooden cookie jar, fluffy dust-balls, some weird looking embroidered items, a piece of art in the shape of a frankenstein hand I once made, and a plate I had made in pottery class.


I sorted everything out. 3 bags FULL will enter the garbage on trash day. 2 bags are filled with items that are to be washed and given to charity. I have begun to do this as you can see in my next photo. From beyond the black items that I currently do wear on the right all the way down to the left is 'old stuff'.


I will soon fish out the framed pictures to wipe over and sort out, but they will probably go right back in the blanket box again, as I havew nowhere for them to stand til I get rid of them and other than one that depicts a creature that looks a bit like a yak I do not find any of them appealing.

My next task is to polyfill the 3-4 large cracks and then complete the painting on the upper hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment