Saturday, May 9, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 17




Perhaps you can just see how the back yard is coming along, although it is hard to get the right amount in a shot to show not too much and not too little. This view shows the bulbs sprouting by the apple tree on the left, the overgrown hedge wall in front of the shed, the dug-over and seeded veg plot behind the untidied raised plot behind the pond, and the fact that I need to pay attention to the pond - especially now we have tadpoles living in it.


This second shot gives a better view of the bulbs be the smaller apple tree - and my compost bin, which seeks a partner. Another few days passed, and I took this shot as the daffodils faded, grape hyacinths and tulips began, and pieris tree reddened.



As you can see in the next picture, a week or so later, the tulips were blooming


As May enters its second week, I will leave you with a shot of the veg plot in the back yard. Hopefully you can see that my garlic are doing well, my mooli are surviving (2 have been plucked and munched) and the strawberries are continuing to prosper and shoot into new plants - as well as next doors honeysuckle welcomed into my yard as overgrowth. In fact, the TWO plants my son brought home from his former job at a nursery have now become around 10. they are currently blooming, as are the wild strawberries situated around the pond.



No comments:

Post a Comment