Friday, April 24, 2015

SPRING CLEANING 32


The weather was still cold enough to appreciate a little indoor warmth. Above you can see my pomegranate/damson candle, with multiple pieces of left over candles added. Just perfect for a relaxing at-home wintry weekend. Officially the last weekend of winter, if you go by the first of the month changes rather than the 20-something ones as I do.

Spring sprung and a couple of weeks into March I returned from my weekend away in France. You guessed it, one of my first chores was to turn out that pantry of mine again! I have also been giving a thorough clean over to a few areas of the house, although not yet a full spring clean.



Not long afterwards, I reordered the pantry again. This time, so that all similar items were together, with the closest BB date at front/up top. I also spring cleaned the stairs - but before I could take a photo to share of the wiped sides and vacced stairway - my son trod mud over the stair carpet again, so....

Well, what have I been up to since then? Um, I did it again - re-ordered the pantry! As the sun poured in the windows, the photo came out much better this time, and you may actually see the items I have in stock. Although, it may be difficult to tell which white powder is flour, which salt, which sodium bicarb....



This time, I also fiddled around with the drinks cupboard. I have actually begun on some proper work too, though. In the next shot, you can see that I have swept away the cobwebs that do not still have inhabitants, cleared away the cardboard, and otherwise prepared one step closer to being ready to clean, polyfill, and paint the rest of the upper hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment