Wednesday, November 14, 2012

PROJECTS.... 8

PROJECT C: SUPPER BASKET 2

I have yet to locate a suitable replacement 'basket' to contain my father's supper tubs, so currently they sit on his dining table without a container.




PROJECT F: THE LOFT 4

Here are some more 'goodies' I found. An ancient pencil box without a lid, pottery face and tile print from elementary school, dolls pram cushion, 2 cube-picture block games, and a mouse tile and metallic pot from school pottery classes. Hmm.... WTF did my parents keep this junk for?



A doll's bed, an ugly glove puppet that my mother made, another tile from elementary pottery classes, and a pair of badges - oh dear. I do recall belonging to the Famous Five club and the Tingua and Tucker club, but honestly... this is my history - not my present/future.... why would anyone want to hold on to such stuff? I don't.... and it was MY stuff!




A cloth doll with a rather large head in a plastic dolly carriage, a closer shot of the two badges, and a colorful paper bag. PARENTS! How on earth could they store such JUNK? I am a parent also, but one who knows when one stage of life is over and done with and it is time to move on - a digitally stored photo of a favored childhood toy is far better a keepsake than the actual thing decaying in dust-ridden places. Oh well, maybe I can sell the badges and dolls bed/carriage....


No comments:

Post a Comment