Sunday, October 28, 2012

PROJECTS.... 6

PROJECT G: THE CARPET 1

One of the household matters I am always nagging my father about is that he never steam cleans his carpets. I explained that in Australia, it is the norm to do them every 5 or every 10 years - though he NEVER has!

Recently, he complained that there were too many stains on his hall carpet, and I managed to talk him into letting me use some of the housekeeping money he gives me to get them cleaned! YES! We have a booking for the end of next week and the hall & stair carpets should look much better than THIS afterwards! 

The stains came from my son mostly, who had a habit of making coffee in the kitchen then spilling it whilst traveling to his room - therefore, there is a trail of brown spots all the way along the lower hall, up the stairs, and along the upper hallway to the store room - formerly a bedroom.

PROJECT F: THE LOFT 2

With the accumulation of black sacks in the store room/spare room, it was necessary for me to start sorting out the JUNK & TREASURE my cousins managed to carry down from the attic for us. This is what I found....



The first sack contained a card, party invite, colored paper, somebody else's school book, a book of puzzles I forced my Mom to make for me to do, and a copy of the Highway Code from the 1970's.

Next, a fold-out on British butterflies that may be quite useful, school books, cards, a texta-design I made as a kid or teen, and my old swimming certificate.





 Nothing yet that I cannot live without, but the Highway Code might amuse, the butterfly flyer might inform, and the swimming certificate I had completely forgotten about! I remember we had to swim one length of the school pool and I flunked - but then as we all got out after our lesson, I was given another chance and made it! We also had to swim a width in 2/3 different strokes and jump in...

No comments:

Post a Comment