Saturday, March 10, 2012

The new cleaning closet - 4


I gave it a little nudge - to ensure it was wobble proof - and at this point I assumed I would have the door on in no time and have a perfect piece of furniture - WRONG!

Step 10 of 12 took longer than any other step on the entire sheet. I put the hinges on, screwing them in, only to find that the door was ski-whiff. I unscrewed the hinges, flipped them, and tried again - it did not seem right, still. Finally, after emptying my glass of wine, I found that third time lucky worked for me and I screwed the hinges on the correct way. I then had steps 11 and 12 - simple - to complete - of inserting shelf pins and shelves - and I was finished!

 
YES! This closet looked as good as it did in the advert - unlike our 2011 shed saga! The next task was to await a day when I had at least one hour free. I figured that to rip out the old closet, clean the area, and place the new cabinet in place would take circa an hour - and it would be fatal to leave the job halfdone seeing as the draining board of washing up had to go on top and a meal might overload the sink with dirty dishes if I had not completed my task in time....

I began on a suitable morning by emptying the old cleaning closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment