Friday, March 23, 2012

Dad's reading light 1


My father has complained for a long time about not being able to read properly. At the age of 88 years, this is hardly surprising. He wears reading glasses and has his eyesight checked annually and glasses ammended if needed. He had a wooden stand reading lamp, but was unable to get the light to shine in the correct position without glaring on the shiny pages of such as garden magazines. One solution was audio books, but Dad still missed reading his magazines.

Dad spotted an ad for reading lights with flexible heads in one of his magazines and decided to get me to investigate on his behalf. I knew they would be over-priced, but obliged. I hinted heavily at checking for flexible reading lamps online. The brochure arrived sporting offers of £30 off - but all lights were a minimum of £250! No, no, NO, I thought!

Sure enough, online investigations allowed Dad to find plenty of lower-priced choices - most in the £30-120 price range. I hinted and encouraged him to opt on a £10 option. He finally agreed and it has arrived! Another self-assembly job on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment