Sunday, October 25, 2020

IN & OUT EARLY OCTOBER 2020

 




The new month commenced and the first planned activity was relining the frog pond. Above is a shot taken before we began, for Liz helped me do the task.



My first task was to rescue as much pond water as I could, and the waterlily plant, and any pond snails. Liz had given me a half dozen or so snails....but I found they had multiplied by a zillion - well.... there were at least 2 dozen now.



We then had to dig out some of the mud after removing all the water. I had of course to return some for my frogs to hibernate in and for the pond lily...but the rest was placed about the back yard.



I therefore saved a couple tubs of this mud as well as the water, etc



We then cut back the bushes around the edge of the pond.



Coffee and cake break, saw the pavers and rocks piled up to one side, ready to put back once the underlay then liner were laid.



The liners laid, we returned the water, snails, silt, pond lily, and then put pavers and rocks around the edge. I then topped it up as much as I could with tap water. Though I could not fill it too much at this stage as less than half must be tapped in due to chlorine.



So there was our pond after our hard days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment