Friday, October 2, 2020

IN & OUT August 2020

 



Multiple crops are laid out drying on the floor in the kitchen this month. Here you can see the lentils, spuds, onion, garlic and mooli. I have been busy in the kitchen using the crops - here we see a use for garlic onion zucchini and tomato that were home grown - in a home made vegan lasagne.



Taking a look at this kettle - I have no idea how old it was. My father had owned it before I inherited it, so I knew it was at least 11 years old. I was sure that it was starting to leak, though, so it was time for a new one.



At first, I thought I had been messy filling it - or filled it too full...but when I was extra careful and it still leaked - as in the photo below depicting when I dried it, slightly filled it and boiled it, and that there was sill a small leakage - I knew I needed a new kettle.



Liz agreed, so on my next visit to Sainsburys I hunted down all kettles under £100 that were not made in China. This is the one I selected. I am quite pleased with it so far.



That was not my only in-home purchase this month. I decided to buy an iron and board again. I had not owned one or needed one since moving back to England in 2009, or used the one I had owned when living in Australia that much since my son stopped wearing a school uniform in 1999. However, I now have a linen tunic as uniform for the care agency I work for so thought it about time to invest.



I successfully found a great ironing board - made in the UK rather than China too! I was not so pleased with the iron, as they ONLY had Chinese products, and I prefer NOT to buy 'made in China' items. You can also see the fat balls and a door hook I bought - and a couple of books Liz picked up for our stash, along with a jar of chutney I was given.



To end today's update, another picture of the kitchen to poly tunnel stretch. It shows the nasturtiums that I brought home from the allotment plot have taken as i had hoped. I want them to intermingle with the hedgerow behind the plants on the border so I have less of them down the plot and more space for veg.

No comments:

Post a Comment