Thursday, September 27, 2018

OUTDOORS 40


In August, much in the vegetable line was croppable. Here you can see the horizontally growing tomato bushes beyond the corn with 2 cabbage patches. Our recent crops include the last of the raspberries - really - even the autumn ones are done now - and another handful of kale (I am getting 50% of it, as butterflies love to lay eggs which love to become caterpillars which love to eat it - and I haven't the heart to commit murder).



August continued and the array of crops varied, but basically consisted of corn, tomatoes and cucumber. Occasionally a stray potato is dug up as I dig ground over ready for the next crop or season and sometimes I will bring home a few chilies as shown above within my haul. The last week of the month brought me my first cabbage to harvest!



As evidenced above, tomatoes are piling up. A prolific crop from both poly tunnel and allotment plot this year, tomato sauce is on the diary agenda of things to cook and create - along with chili sauce and chili flavor vegan cream cheese. There are more crops building up...


...there we can see kale, cucumber, broccoli and chilies. It wasn't long before there were more tomatoes, though - along with corn, cabbage and our single passionfruit for 2018.



I was getting too many tomatoes - far too many. This is my second batch of tomato sauce - 6 jars total now, and I still have ripe and ripening tomatoes all over the kitchen - in the fruit bowl, on the dresser, and along half the windowsill....not to mention green and just turning tomatoes still on the plants!

No comments:

Post a Comment