Saturday, September 15, 2018

INDOORS 63



To start today's post, I returned from a day out drenched from some heavy showers to find the interior not much better off than me. A trail of water was running down inside the window of the spare room... I have since polyfilled the entrance hole on both interior and exterior.

The bathroom saga continues - after the quote came in, I made an appointment to discuss details, while asking my son what he would prefer to do - JUST the bath replaced by shower at 3 grand apiece, plus basin/one wall paneled at around 3500 each, or 'everything' we want - at a bit more than we arranged or I had without raiding my fixed term deposit - providing he could loan me a grand til my term deposit matured and I could repay him the grand. He chose the 'everything' option.

We are getting the bath ripped out, a shower installed - the main 'essential', plus the ceiling lowered, walls panelled, a new basin with vanity to hide the pipes, and new flooring - all the extras to make a fancy, perfect room! Taking a look at the gross result of what we already have, I am sure you can feel my relief and joy at the thought of having an easy-to-clean, posh bathroom in a few months...




Currently, I really like our cabinet - which was Liz's 'old' one when she had her bathroom renovated by these guys 2-3 years ago - but far better than dad's wooden cabinet that was paint-peeled and stained. We are keeping the cabinet!




The coffee table that I collected with Liz of course needed assembly. Had it been Ikea, the 2-step instruction would not be the only simple part of this task - but it coming from Argos, screwing double ended screws into table legs took more than an hour - yes, for just 4 legs! Once I had clamped the screw in pliers, I could push/wind-on the legs, but this took a lot of time and sweat and was extremely difficult. Had I got a woodworker's clamp, I could have done this faster, but...


Once inserted into the legs 50%, it was just a case of screwing the leg with the protruding 50% of screw into the table top - this task was easier than the former and I was soon able to stop sweating and gathering blisters with the completion of my new coffee table.


No comments:

Post a Comment