Thursday, September 6, 2018

INDOORS 62


A bagfull of recently dug up spuds is illustrating my latest crop from the plot. I have potato leaves gradually yellowing out and am able to bring 2-3 plants worth home per week. I have had a lot of trouble with wireworm this year and about a third of my crop is unusable, though. Next up was clearing, cleaning, and refilling the dresser.


As you can see, I have used former face flannels as lining. My late father had about two dozen in stock - as he bought new ones everytime one got a bit rough or stiff, only liking very soft ones - but I don't use them myself. As you can see below - it really needed a thorough clean! Actually, I think it will also go on my list of things to paint - which now includes the wine closet and coffee lounge pathway along with the pantry, as you will soon observe.



As you can see, even after a scrub, it looks kind of grotty in the corners - so it is also added to my 'painting jobs' list. As regular readers might recall, turning out the pantry is one of my favored chores. I don't know why, though.



Going back to the coffee lounge, you can see my windowsill has come up clean - and I exchanged my overgrown former flower tray for a lemongrass plant, throwing the former into the yard. Here was the seating arrangement - alas, only room for one person to sit and sip.



Oh look - I seem to have collected a proper coffee table - with room for more than one cuppa to be popped on top! Liz & I popped into Argos one Tuesday early in August and grabbed a coffee table for £20. That saved me carrying the package home balanced on my head! Now....to get it 'built' - no worries - I am used to assembling Ikea furniture, I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment