Saturday, February 21, 2015

SPRING CLEANING 31

Two weeks of Winter season remain, but the frogs are croaking and assuming spring is here as temps have upped 4-5 degrees. I regard the tasks lying ahead of me, which hopefully shall be attended to by the close of spring 2015. The main task is completing the upper hallway. I firstly need to shift the laundry tubs, china cabinet, and other items away from the area. Secondly, I need to attend to some rather large cracks...

 





Once these have been sanded, polyfilled, and re-sanded, I can empty my pot of cookie-dough paint onto the last patches of ceiling and wall. Then, I am stuck until my friend drives me to B&Q to collect another tin of Tibetan Gold paint, as I have run very close to the end of the second tub; it will not be enough to complete the trim, toilet door, loft cover, and blanket box on its own.

Other tasks I need to attend to this spring include digging over the yard, making a compost hole so as to allow the compost tub compost to rot down prior to use, hedge trimming, sanding, polyfilling, re-sanding and painting the toilet, selling and dumping stuff so I can finally paint the spare room, and polyfilling and ceiling painting the coffee hide.

Obviously not all these tasks will get attended to - as they all rely on either the weather or other people, rather than just myself - so, I am sure to have plenty of time to enjoy turning out my pantry and fidgeting about with decor in the lower hallway!

One task I am not looking forward to is buying another new vacuum. Floor-runners, or cylinders as they call them in this country it appears, do not last very long in England. The one I had over in NSW, Australia lasted me over 5 years and was still functioning when I left. Over here in Sussex, England, I ended up my father's upright - thankfully as I dislike uprights -, bought and stopped using a Dirt Devil (its main nozzle broke down on me after 2 years and you cannot buy replacement filters)...

I currently use a Hoover Telios - which is wearing out. It will not allow me to use maximum suction - only going to half the possible level before blowing the fuse. I would definitely NOT recommend this model to anyone buying a new vacuum. It has lasted me around 14-16 months and is already ready to be dumped and replaced. I need full suction in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment