Thursday, March 5, 2015

GARDEN GLIMPSES 13


These shots show the late arriving snow drops did survive my replanting attempts from last year. I had forgotten where I had replanted them, so been waiting for them to pop up! In the tub, possibly in a second tub, and the ground near the rose arch base I have spotted what might be snowdrops - and this recent flowering has proven that at least one patch was a correct guess.

The only work I did in the yard during the first two weeks of February was to pick up some fallen sticks and twigs and pile them up near the broken bird box and crate. I think we have a hedgehog hibernating in the former birdbox, so I was careful when I placed them around to make sure it could get out gain after its zzz.

During the last few days of February, I took another look about - snowdrops still doing well, kitchen windowsill tubs sprouted new batches of parsley/coriander and 'something', and camellia still will buds and 1-2 flowers.

March has now arrived - also spring. The frogs have been 'at it' in the pond, croaking and egging away over the past 4-5 days. We appear to have a minimum of 8 frogs - possibly around a dozen.


As you can see from the last shot, they have totally taken over the pond lily patch - I have managed to rescue a few plants and replace them at the side of the pond, but many disappeared under the eggs or got shot off to other pond areas...



No comments:

Post a Comment