Sunday, February 15, 2015

WINTER WONDERS 26


Incense was the next minor tidy-up chore on my agenda. I had bought three or four 6-packs and decided to spread them out into the boxes rather than leave them in their own collectives. This way, I can take a box of assorted incense downstairs for use over the kitchen sink at some point.

My next task was a small one. It was both simple and quick - or should have been. During the second week of February, I planned to re-stick the blue plastic wall-hook that hangs the shower curtain across the bath. There is one each end of the bath, and both were begining to peel away at the top.



It might appear to be an easy task to fix the hooks - JUST a drop of strong glue behind the top of each hook, press and wait a minute and job done...

...but something happened to make it last a bit longer. I had purchased a tube super-glue at Sainsburys earlier in the week and unscrewing the cap positioned the nozzle ready to apply one squirt on the first of the two hooks.

Nothing happened. After fiddling about with the nozzle and cap for a few minutes, I tried again - again, again, and again. Eventually, glue came out - rather rapidly - with the result of covering my thumb and the wall as well as the hook-wall gap.

Luckily, my thumb was not glued TO anything in the incident, but it took a long time to get it clean of the glue. I had to use my grandmother's glasses to read the teeny tiny print on the tube to see what to do for glue on skin mishaps - and quickly applied the soapy hot water it told me to. I assume many people have glue-on-skin problems as they did mention it on the pack. I had to scrape and soap and scrape away for several minutes to get the gunky glue off, though. I then - with success - attempted the second hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment