Sunday, December 7, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 34

Overcast gloomy cold weather has arrived in the latter half of November and the bright candles are now cheerful rather than pallid. This shot shows how my berry-scented hallway now looks when I am rushing up and downstairs on a gloomy morning, with a bright and cheerful glow of encouragement.

I have not been lazy - the former pink n white room is now a functioning coffee-hide, if somewhat unfinished. Let me show you how this happened. Mid November was chilly and dull, so I enjoyed whooshing about warming myself up doing the chores. Running low of such, I took the opportunity of a slightly warmer day to work on the next big task of transforming the room.


These two shots show where I began. I firstly shook out the linoleum mat and swept up the dead leaves and mud from the pathway through the side of the room. Next, I moved everything I could to the pathway area - blocking the back door. The fact that my son was off from work for two nights and would not be using the door to enter/exit by helped - just in case I got lazy and it took longer than one day.


Out came the bucket and broom with some vinegar water and I scrubbed the floor over one more time. Window wide open to dry the floor quickly, I took a quick jahe wangi break before continuing. As soon as it had dried out, it was time to get the rest of the large roll of linoleum I had purchased a year or two ago to line the toilet and bathroom floors. This had to be roll-carried into the correct room. Luckily it was not too heavy and the task was not too difficult.



No comments:

Post a Comment