Tuesday, December 2, 2014

FALL CLEANSINGS 33

I left you last post with my nicely polished TV table sitting in the hallway. Moments after polishing it, I dragged the old heavy dark wooden drawers into the spare room our of my way - and sight for now - and placed the modern brighter wooden TV table in situ.

Here are my before and after shots, so you can compare the phone tables and see if you also prefer the more modern version of my lower hallway. I certainly prefer the decor to the way dad had it, though I admit I do not use a TV so did not need the TV table for other necessities as he did.


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you will know that as well as several major shifts, sales, and changes, I like to fiddle about with things. The phone table was no exception. Just like my 3-4 time a year pantry-tidy delight and the hall windowsill fiddling, the phone table went through a series of mild morphings to arrive at its perfection. I have spared you every rearrangement and will just show you a former and the final design.


& from above looking down...

Nice and neat - the shelving hides our daily diary, phone books, address books, pile of pens, and note pads. I like the way the mirror and table are both of a similar octagonal shape and much prefer the lower lighter table to the tall dark one.

This task left a mess in the spare room, although I managed to fit stuff in so it looks more roomy already. You can see that dreadful 40+ year old carpet - cringe.

No comments:

Post a Comment