Tuesday, October 29, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 5

Saturday, I began to clean out the inside of the dresser that I cleaned the top of on Thursday/Friday. The dresser itself was made by my maternal grandfather, who worked as a carpenter. It was loaded with dishes, bowls, and 'bits n pieces', all of which belonged to my parents, rather than self. Inside, plates, bowls, rolling pins and loads of junk sat...

I have my own belongings and not much use for the stuff left behind by my parents. I use an Indian serving bowl as my main bowl/plate for example - not chipped/stained china platters, bowls, saucers...

Much washing up, wiping out, lining with face cloths, and piling of excess stuff into garbage/the junk room went on. However, I now have a dresser that is full of things that I will use rather than things I will not - such as jelly jar covers, piles of plastic tubs, stained and rusted graters, chipped plates, and 5 dirty/dusty piping bags!!!!

I also cleared half the 'wine closet' but more about that when I finish it off. For now, I will leave you with a photo of the dresser, now that it is cleaned over and set with my own stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment