Saturday, October 5, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 1

You can expect a larger quantity of pasts from now onward, as I lost my father and gained his house just over a week ago. Now, I not only have more time at my disposal, but I also have ownership of these walls, floors and ceilings - and consequently more say in what happens within them. But firstly, shall we flip back to September...

 
This was how my alter looked until a few weeks ago. Frankly, a mess. Crammed between a bedside cabinet and bookshelf, with piles of books, vinyls, and computer junk in front, it needed attention. It was when I purchased a Vajra and Bell, that I decided to spring clean the alter. 
 
 
Firstly, I removed everything from the table which at one point belonged to my grandparents, I understand. I cleaned the table and reassembled my belongings. This is the result...



Ah yes, my favored chore of pantry organizing appealed more than any further turning out of what was at this point still my father's house. The fridge/freezer looked well stocked for our family's various oddities of diet and my father's upcoming 90th.


 
Luckily my father was still alive and at home on his actual 90th birthday, although not well. It was a shame, but he was only able to eat a chocolate cookie and an apricot, leaving much food over his party guests had departed that evening. This is the last photo I took of my father - enjoying his chocolate cookie as best he could. The next day I had to call the ambulance, he went into hospital, and passed away several days afterward.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment