Monday, October 21, 2013

FALL CLEANSINGS 4

5 days after my father passed away, I planned a day at home. I had 4 deliveries and 4 collections, a few phone calls and a friend over to coffee, all on the agenda. One of the collections was the amassed collection of equipment my father had accumulated over the years. When I first arrived back from Australia in 2009, he had a bath seat, perching stool, and not much else. After his bowel op, then subsequent UTI troubles, each hospital stint brought him home with yet more equipment. He amassed almost enough to open a shop with just that which were on loan from the NHS!







As you can see, the room had much more room in it after the equipment had all been taken away - as does the phone table without a lifeline! However, this room did not remain a room for long, soon turning into a pile of stuff when my son camping in the upstairs 'store room', emptied out everything he did not want so he could actually have his own room, after removing a desk my grandfather had constructed - leaving a pile of dust and dead slaters.




sigh...



No comments:

Post a Comment