Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The new cleaning closet - 2


My next task was to assemble any tools that I thought might be needed. There were no written instructions, only pictures, so I did not know exactly what I might need and had to guess. I started with a screwdriver and a glass of wine.
Now, whilst many people may not recognize the necessity of a glass of red wine in DIY and decor, I do. I have assembled typing chairs and tv cabinets in the past - and I recalled the confusion and rejection of seeing hundreds of pieces that mostly looked alike when we ordered that shed... The wine was a 'just in case' relaxant, for dealing with problems such as missing parts, things not working as they should, or puzzling diagrams that did not make logical sense, should I encounter such.

Starting properly, I assembled the first piece - the top - and items needed to be attached to it.
Having inserted the long lumpy screw-things, and screwed on the magnetic latch, I assembled the second picture worth of pieces - for the bottom. This only needed four metal blobs inserting.

This is where I first needed a swig of that wine I mentioned earlier.... because one of the little metal lumps would not insert deeply, whilst the other three went right into their holes. (Fiddle, fiddle, thump, fiddle, fiddle, sip)

Next, I did likewise with the two side pieces - long screw-things and little metal lumps needed to be inserted as I raced my way across the top line of the instruction guide within mere minutes...
 
As you can see by my last photo, I was getting through the bits and pieces quickly and already I had done the top line. I then decided I had better deal with the troublesome little metal thingys as 3 of them would NOT fit into their holes correctly.





No comments:

Post a Comment