Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spring Cleaning - job one.



Well, it appears to be spring - albeit in January. The frogs are croaking in the pond of an evening... so I must spring clean! This is what I intended to do, yet have only just begun. The spring air and sunshine has made Dad enjoy trips round the block in the wheelchair, until it promptly disappeared and winter began much later than expected.

 
I have done one spring cleaning chore so far - the grotty corner of the kitchen. I began by removing the two stools and the antique three cornered table and then cleaning the floor over. There were several tools laying on the floor which needed to be washed - ones that I shall probably never use - so have been stored in a bucket in Dad's pink & white room.



 
It was truly a ghastly task - my first spring here, I tackled some of the kitchen - but not this area - and last year I barely did any spring cleaning - so this specific corner could quite easily have remained uncleaned for 5-7 years!

Next, I cleaned the walls - although the photo of the completed task does not show them as ultra clean, due to stains and other irremovable smudges, rust marks, etc - I think readers will agree it looks better, if not perfect. You can definitely see where I stopped scrubbing at the wall!

Replacing the furniture, I was able to tidy things up a tad, allowing for a now clean and tidy area - but, one that stills looks like it needs some attention. Perhaps I should suggest Dad buys some paint....




1 comment:

  1. Nice guidelines, Spring cleaning is to help you conquer the dust, dirt and grime that accumulates under the couch, in the refrigerator, and under the bed during the past year. I started by removing the two stools and the seniority list of three corners and then cleaning the finished floor.

    Domestic Cleaning London

    ReplyDelete