Friday, August 17, 2018

OUTDOORS 39



Here we can see that I entered the village flower and produce show for the second year in a row. On the first occasion, I entered rhubarb and longest rhubarb, as I also did this year, but last year I didn't get a placing whereas this year both rhubarb classes gave me a third place certificate! I also came second with my blackcurrants which I showed for the first time. I have also shared the comments I received. Finally, here are the items shown - being prepared to eat.



Here are the crops I brought home from the allotment one day in the middle of July. These include the first cropping of chickpeas from my first time growing them. I was not certain when to pick them - or if one dried them on the plant or on the sill...so just grabbed a bunch of stalks with the pods on to investigate. This is what the pods and seeds look like...



...one is supposed to eat the 'crunchy green' chickpeas in salads raw, and dry the brown ones for storage...
Finally for today - the latest selection of crops to come inside from the plot and poly tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment