Saturday, June 9, 2018

INDOORS 53



My painting supplies will of course be removed before I furnish the coffee lounge and the tools alcove was all that remained to be done as April ran down into its last 2 days.


I emptied the tools out with the painting supplies and began - the horrid tear-jerking job of washing stained dirt engrained black hole-riddled walls, lashings of cobwebs, and bright pink brickery...


The shelf came off easily and is in good nick - that is one good thing! A quick wipe over and its perfect. not so the walls....UGH! I polyfilled, waited, polyfilled, waited, then on the final day of the month one final polyfill had those ghastly stained holes filled sufficiently to paint - it doesn't have to be perfect, as it will be curtained off and contain tools, not be seen, thankfully.


I began, shortly after coffee with my best friend. It was raining, and likely to do so all day - so I figured I would undercoat the tools alcove. I used up all the mauvey purpley pink paint first. I then began to use the last of the color called 'cookie dough' - but, it was runny liquid and I had an idea. Why not paint the strip of floor between the doorway into the kitchen and back door?


This strip gets filthy, as I use it daily carrying armloads of wet laundry outside and coming in with muddy gum boots - but I thought the former ugly cement might look better with spare paint, and spare paint I would have!


I didn't quite have enough, and ended the strip with a little green from my son's bedroom walls. The look was nice - and I am wondering if I should rip out the lino and paint the rest of the floor....but I didn't - yet.


April ended and I had used up the last of 3-4 cans of paint in the tools alcove - which I remind everyone will NOT be on show - I just didn't want ugly black stained holes, even for tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment