Friday, June 9, 2017

OUTDOORS 22



May brings us a dry cool start but plenty of pretty flowers. My back yard has gone into 3 separated sections, with a rim. The far section is woodland wild, the middle section a wild frog pond, and the closer section shown above my wild meadowland housing wild flowers along with bird seed growings, aquilegias, and flowering onions. You can also see the grassy pathline that separates it from the rim-border.



Here we can see that late May/early June has arrived - and with it the crops are coming. Earlier in the year it was mostly rhubarb, but now other fruit and veg are in the crops I bring home everytime I trot to the plot. Gooseberries are doing well this year as well as the rhubarb - and there is a strawberry, spinach and a few broad beans.



In the poly tunnel, my cauliflowers are growing well. I kept a few in there, as well as planting many down the allotment. I was quite pleased, as they are apparently difficult veggies to grow - and I had never tried before. I think they may become a regular crop for me though.

Here you can see the lefthand side of the tunnel - mostly cauliflowers, one onion or leek or garlic, and some pots ready for the tomatoes. The next shot shows the other half of the tunnel - where my leek seedlings were until I took them down the plot to plant out, along with one cucumber, one chili and a couple tomatoes that will be staying here.


And the crops kept on coming. Here we see an early June harvest of strawberries, spinach, broad beans and gooseberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment