Saturday, June 10, 2017

INDOORS 35


Here we are in early May 2017 - with a shot of my recently restocked wine closet. When I recycle, I recycle a lot more than most people would. Here is one example -

- Liz gave me some flowers for my birthday and I snipped the stalks off before placing them in a vase, as most people do. Unlike most people however, I did not discard the chopped off stalks - but grew them! I now have 3-4 brand new rose bushes for the side fence!

This is the toilet seat I inherited. I was thinking of changing it soon after inheriting the house, asIi was not too keen on wood, but my son persuaded me not to as it was still in good condition. However, it did not stay in good condition - and the small crack on the underside became a big crack top and bottom...


So, off I trotted to Dunhelm Mill to grab a new toilet seat. I made sure it was a white one and plastic, and also not too flimsy and 'cheap' - and that it did come with all the bits and bots you need to fix it on properly.


I studied the pieces, instructions, and toilet...

...ew! The hardest part of replacing the toilet seat was in fact unscrewing the old one - that must have been in situ for some 15-20 years. The white plasticy hubs shown were almost worn out by the pliers in my effort - but I finally managed to take the old seat off!

No comments:

Post a Comment