Sunday, July 5, 2015

SUMMER SLOSHING 12




I then began to paint the trim, with the last of the second pot of Tibetan Gold gloss. After the initial trim and window frame, I began on the windowsill and blanket box.




A brief detour from paint to dust brings us to the arrival of a new vacuum cleaner into the household. Flashing back, I had a Vacstream in Aussie with which I was more than happy. HERE is a picture of the model I had. It lasted five years, and was still going when I left the country to come to England to take care of my late father. My father had an upright vacuum, and as I do not like those very much, as soon as it failed a little I got rid of the thing and purchased a small floor-runner, or 'cylinder' as they are called here.

That model lasted a little over 1.5 years, before the filter was not replaceable and the head wore out. I invested in a Hoover shortly after my father passed away, due to my mother having had one that lasted many years in my childhood and my assumption that this model might also last a long time. Alas, within 2-3 months of the 1-year guarantee expiry, it began to have its faults - I could not really expect better - it was only 'made in China' after all, and such models don't last long or work well.

It was time to buy a new vac. Payday arrived in June, and within minutes of checking my pay had arrived safely into my bank account, I ordered a Henry. Henry is the name of a red/black vacuum that is made in England, works properly, and has a 2-YEAR guarantee so if this one carcs it as have the last two, I won't need to fork out another £50-£100.

Although the face is somewhat 'childish' in my view, I might keep it on rather than remove it - as it smiles. I also wear a smile, knowing it is likely to last me the 5-10 years I 'expect' a vacuum to last.





No comments:

Post a Comment