Saturday, July 26, 2014

SUMMER SLOSHING 6

Along with the second or third day of gardening, came a reordering of the drinks cupboard. This was primarily due to the fact I ordered in a lot of beer and water when offered a £15 voucher for grocery deliveries. It also refilled the gap in my neat pantry!

Here is that shot I mentioned of the multiple former water bottles that my parents used to fill with water and stuff under the hedge all along the garden fence, in order to attempt to deter cats. It did not work. It took a lot of scrambling about on my part to extract the majority of these plastic pieces of junk - although thankfully the tip took them as recyclable, depite their being covered in mud.


Here is what the area from which I extracted the water bottles now looks like - with a broken flowerpot container used to hold back dropped leaves and other natural debris. Hedgehog friendly without any disgusting old plastic. I also got to work on the next stage of painting. I began to work my way up the stairs on the trim with Tibetan Gold paint, as well as along the under-window wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment