Sunday, January 27, 2013

PROJECTS.... 16

PROJECT F: THE LOFT 12


You may very well be wondering if I will ever get to the end of this subject! Here we have an indoor washing line, an old Dutch windmill clock, another shot of the two ceramic jug-thingies, an old slate, and a printing set. The latter occupied me at my grandparents as a kid - you slipped little rubber letters in a frame and pressed on an ink soaked pad then printed a phrase or sentence. Great fun for a young child to play with and useful as a spelling aid.




More dolls - sorry! I do not know how I amassed so many.... The ginger-haired one is very old. I believe my aunt or mother owned it when they were a child - so it would date circa the 1930's. I have no idea why there is a large ink-like smudge on its forehead, though. An everyday plastic doll with half its clothing missing follows. The two large dolls at the back are from my childhood in the 1970's. The princess styled doll with long braids was a 1970's fad doll - a bit like a Barbie in the US, but not as long running. The final doll in this shot is another old one. I think it came from the 1960's or possibly earlier. I am not altogether sure.




More wooden blocks my grandfather made, this time in a cart with cotton reel wheels - which I assume he also made. The little red and black plastic things are toy soldiers. Alas, a tomboy was I! Wooden furniture and other blocks in a bag also made by my carpenter grandpa completes the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment