Tuesday, January 8, 2013

PROJECTS.... 14

PROJECT G: THE CARPET 2

 
All done - much better without the coffee stains!


PROJECT F: THE LOFT 10


Here we have a rather battered and 'well-used' beach bucket. Next are 2 sets of drawers for a dolls house made from matchboxes, paper clips and paper. A giant container of marbles follows. I would spend hour upon hour playing with my alleys as a kid. I ran them around anything with a rim, such as the toilet seat I showed in a previous post. I would join them in groups like school classes and separate them to different areas of a table with a rim with box boundaries as the marbles went to school classes.....

A better shot of the milk order cow board that has previously been mentioned follows if you travel your eyes left to right. Then, a woven basket of wooly stuff. I recall this being my grandma's basket, or at least being at her house, but not much more in the way of memories. I have no idea what that yellow rag is.....


This next shot shows a tin of bits and pieces - including plastic beads. Next to it is a kitty-ring - which is a sort of 1960's version of the pacifier-dummy of today. The little yellow chewable ring had a squeaky kitten on the end to press, as I got old enough to use fingers as well as mouth. Cringe, cringe... yes, I admit, I was a member of the Famous Five Club as a kid.... lol

A toy ladybug that wound up and ran on the floor and a pair of broken Welsh dolls follow. For a poor working class family, I certainly seem to have accumulated a lot of junk...

The naked doll was one of my friend Gillian's toys that I went on about so much I think she gave it to me - or we traded - or something. A better shot of the woven basket ends this stretch of 'goodies'.



No comments:

Post a Comment