Monday, January 14, 2013

PROJECTS.... 15

PROJECT F: THE LOFT 11


The yellow things are chairs for a dolls house. The pink stuff is either thread of sewing silk. My grandmother was very artsy and did a lot of sewing, embroidery, etc. It was probably one of her old threads. I am not sure what the stuff behind is.....

Then we have a dolls house sofa, once again made by a parent or grandparent for my collection. Two very old envelopes filled with sewing patterns follow - these might be worth a bit as the patterns are obviously old. My grandmother died when I was 4, so that would date them as prior to the 1970's....

A pile of old pennies and ha'pennies which I have since sent to my 21 YO son in Australia, as he collects coins. The basket again - and a [pile of knitting and needles - probably these were my grandmothers too. The curled up 'thing' is a piece of orange peel - my mother swore by it to keep moths at bay.


More dolls, sigh. A Sweet April in case but without original clothing or feeding bottle. A Spanish lady. The blue dressed doll was fro Windsor Castle and I think was Catherine Howard, but it might have been one of the other wives of that Henry fellow....

An official old comic paper and a homemade comic complete this photo's loft-rescue contents. One of my pastimes was to write my own comic papers...



 
The old wooden box with a once-was-pink lid was made by my grandfather. It is filled with cubes of wood - homemade bricks to play with! Two ceramic jug-like-things that came from my grandparents home if I recall correctly. A plastic magnifying glass and old stamps.... IT is crazy the junk I once had - and my parents KEPT!

A photo of me in elementary school and a photo of my mother and the grandparents I keep mentioning along with one of my grandmothers embroidery patterns completes this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment