Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The toilet floor - finally! 2

Once I had lain on end of lino in place, I unrolled it up to the obstruction - the toilet. I then had to mark and cut a single slit in the rest of the lino, so that it would go around the toilet base.

Once this first cut had been made, I could snip across to the desired hole and back to encompass the toilet podium. Cutting less at the very back, I was happy that the single cut almost joined properly....

I next had to roll the lino up again and add some glue - then press it into place.






My cutting might not be perfect - but it sure looked smarter than grotty carpets! I left it for an hour or two, and then reassembled the apparatus -



The job was more or less completed - except....
Well, the old toilet brush looked just as gross as the carpet had, so I invested in a new one! Likewise, the old toilet mat was a tad on the yukky side - so I got another of those too. Here is the completed new toilet floor - with useful and very clean accessories installed!


No comments:

Post a Comment